ODL Coronavirus Disease 2019 Update (COVID-19)
The Otsego District Library truly cares about our community, our patrons, and our staff.
Many of our patrons fall into the at-risk category for Coronavirus. We urge you to stay home and not visit the library if you feel sick or have any of the symptoms of Coronavirus or if you are an at-risk individual.
In light of the recommendations of Governor Whitmer and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services to slow the spread, we are closely monitoring the situation and taking the preventative measures recommended, including:
- The Otsego District Library is Temporarily Closed until further notice
- Per recommendations to limit large group gatherings, all library programs are cancelled until further notice.
- We request that staff and patrons who are feeling sick stay home.
- The community puzzle has been put away temporarily, as well as toys that are hard to sanitize in the children’s area.
- There is a hand sanitizer station available at the entry to the library.
- There are disinfectant wipes available to wipe down computer workstations.
- The library will remain open during regular hours. We hope to continue to provide you with the WiFi and access to information that you need to continue your daily school and business work.
- The library will not be disinfecting library materials (books and movies), as the CDC has declared this as ineffective. However, library staff will work diligently to clean surfaces and touch points in the library.
- We urge patrons to check out some of the library’s digital services: RB Digital Magazines, Libby, and Hoopla!
Helpful Coronavirus information can be found at:
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. You are truly an awesome community and we will do our best to continue to serve you in the safest way possible!
Otsego District Library Director
NOTE: There will be no library fines accrued during the closure, late fees will be waived. If you feel like you would prefer to stay home you do not need to return materials during this time period. Fines from before this time period and lost/damaged items are not included. Please see the previous posting about an update from the library regarding Coronavirus.
Click HERE to read the recommendation from Governor Gretchen Whitmer.
For those who are limiting their exposure by staying home but still wish to use library services, remember that ODLP offers a large variety of digital materials through Overdrive/Libby, Hoopla, RB Digital, and so many more. Click HERE for more information on digital downloads.