Friends of the Otsego District Public Library
Helping the library become the place that you will want to be all year round! The Otsego District Public Library is recognized as a valuable resource for the community. The library would not be able to run as smoothly without our amazing volunteers.
Our “Friends” manage Twice Told Tales: The Friends of the Library Bookstore. The book store is located within the library, next to the Circulation Desk. The “Friends” also manage the BIG Spring and Fall Book Sales located in the Lura Sanford room of the library. Funding and volunteering for the Summer Reading Program is always priority for the Friends of the Library. A majority of the donations go towards programming for children and literacy materials.
The Friends of the Otsego Public Library consists of citizens who are interested in promoting and expanding the library’s services to the community.
Twice Told Tales: The Friends of the Library Bookstore
The Bookstore is open any time that the Otsego Library is open. The Friends strive to highlight current and gently used books that have been donated to the store by local community patrons and the Otsego Library. Books of all kind range in price from 10¢ to $1.
Donations to the store are welcome year round and are encouraged by all. The friends not only have books in the store but also a magazine exchange. Current magazines can also be donated to the Friends Bookstore at any time. We only request that all personal information has been removed/blacked out for privacy reasons.
Becoming a member of the Friends of the Library is easy. Just volunteer for at least one event at the library per year and you’re in. There are no membership dues and the group meets four times a year to conduct needed business. Volunteering at the library is a great way to become involved within a wonderful environment that is dedicated to fostering an appreciation for reading of Otsego and its surrounding communities. If you are interested in becoming a part of the ‘Friends’ then please contact the library by phone or stop by at talk to a ‘Friend’ in person.
Current opportunities include:
- Friends’ Bookstore: Straighten Shelves, Refill Book Displays, Tidy-Up Store, Dust Shelves & Windows
- Assisting with the Semi-Annual Book Sales: Set-Up, Running the Sale, Take-Down
- Volunteering during the Summer Reading Program
BIG FALL Book Sale 2019
- Thursday, October 17 from 9 AM – 8 PM
- Friday, October 18 from 9 AM – 5:30 PM
- Saturday, October 19 from 9 AM – 1 PM (Saturday is $1/Bag Day)
BIG SPRING Book Sale 2020
- Thursday, April 23 from 9 AM – 8 PM
- Friday, April 24 from 9 AM – 5:30 PM
- Saturday, April 25 from 9 AM – 1 PM (Saturday is $1/Bag Day)
BIG FALL Book Sale 2020
- Thursday, October 15 from 9 AM – 8 PM
- Friday, October 16 from 9 AM – 5:30 PM
- Saturday, October 17 from 9 AM – 1 PM (Saturday is $1/Bag Day)
Friends Meeting Dates (2019)
Quarterly meetings are on Mondays at 6:30 pm unless noted otherwise (Weather Permitting):
- Monday, March 25
- Thursday, May 9 *
- Monday, August 19
- Monday, November 18
* Please note that the May 9 meeting is on a Thursday.
Please call the library at 269-694-9690 for more information about volunteering for the Friends of Otsego Library.