So, what’s all the “hoopla” you’re hearing about Hoopla!?!
We are very excited to offer a great service called Hoopla! Hoopla is a digital media service that allows you to borrow movies, music, audiobooks, ebooks, comics, and TV shows to enjoy on your computer, tablet, or phone!
There are no holds and multiple users can use the same title at the same time!! With no waiting, titles can be streamed immediately, or downloaded to phones or tablets for offline enjoyment later. There are hundreds of thousands of titles to choose from, with more being added daily. If you hear patrons complaining about the wait on holds on Overdrive, Hoopla is a supplemental service you can suggest! If you know a child who loves graphic novels or comics, Hoopla offers many digital comics! It also adds music and movie digital service to our resources here at ODL.
With hoopla, we will have immediate access to:
- FULL MUSIC ALBUMS
- TV EPISODES
- GRAPHIC NOVELS
ALL of this content will be available to our patrons in one all-inclusive mobile app or website. The platform is simple, intuitive and free to our patrons. BEST OF ALL? There is NO WAITING for titles, the collection contains half a million titles and is growing every day!
Here are some other great features of hoopla:
- Borrowed content is available for immediate streaming on a computer or mobile device
- On the digital app, borrowed content can be temporarily downloaded for offline use (yes, you can watch movies and listen to movies and audiobooks while you are traveling!)
- Music albums can be listened in their entirety or shuffled between other checked out albums
- Hoopla’s eReader, Action View, is interactive, allowing a comic book to be read panel by panel!
- Hoopla has a Kid’s Mode setting, allowing young people access to content geared towards ages 12 and under
IMPORTANT INFO REGARDING ODL HOOPLA USE:
- Our patron borrowing limit has temporarily increased from four to EIGHT titles per month due to the temporary closure.
- Checking things out on Hoopla is pay-per-use for the library, averaging about $2.50 per checkout.
- At this time, this service is available to RESIDENTS ONLY, not the non-resident reciprocals.
- Patrons will not be able to use the service if their fines exceed $5.00.
Web or Mobile
You can stream titles instantly through your desktop browser or our mobile app. If you use our mobile app, you can also download titles to your device for offline playback later, where Wi-Fi may be unavailable. Titles are automatically returned and removed from your device at the end of the lending period. Hoopla can be accessed on your computer at hoopladigital.com or downloaded directly to your mobile device.