We are excited to offer a new app addition to our OverDrive service called Libby, that should make eBook and eAudio use quicker, more enjoyable, and less complicated. Libby has been designed to make first time mobile use of our OverDrive collection simple, with added features over the OverDrive app that would be of benefit to existing customers.
Some of the benefits of using Libby are:
- Simple getting started options and downloads process
- Refined search and browsing options, with new ways to personalise default searches
- You just need to sign in with your library card, and can use multiple library cards at the same time
- A unified book shelf that displays all your titles from multiple cards on the same digital shelf
- Impressive new design and image options
- Download books and audiobooks for offline reading, or stream them to save space.
- If you prefer reading on your Kindle, Libby can send your library books to it.(U.S. libraries only.)
- All your loans and holds are consolidated on a single shelf.
- Keep track of your reading history in the Activity tab.
- Positions, bookmarks, and notes are kept in sync across your devices.
- Sample any book with a tap — nothing to download or delete.
- Try a zoom-able graphic novel, or a picture book with read-along audio.
Libby will not be replacing the OverDrive app at this time but if you are a user of our existing OverDrive app, please feel free to continue using it. Libby does not currently support Recommend to Library or multilingual interfaces, but these features will continue to be accessible through the OverDrive app. Kindle format is not currently supported outside of US libraries.
For more information on Libby please go to the Libby Help page or call the library at (269) 694-9690.
Click HERE to learn more about the Libby app and how to get started today.