The Otsego District Public Library has a display case available for public use when not otherwise required by the library. The display case may be made available under the following terms and conditions:
- The display case shall be made available to the library first for use in connection with programs and activities as necessary.
- When not otherwise required for library use, the display case may be made available free of charge for educational, artistic, cultural, or civic exhibits by patrons. Exhibit space will not be made available for promotional, commercial, fundraising, religious proselytizing, or partisan political purposes. Exhibitors may not request donations in their display. No prices or price lists will be listed on anything on display nor will the library staff give any indication of the value of items on display. All proposed displays should be artistically pleasing and professionally executed.
- Because the display cases are located in the entrance hall of the building, and because of the large number of children visiting the library, the library reserves the right to reject any exhibit/portion of an exhibit that the library deems inappropriate for viewing by children.
- Exhibit space may be made available for up to 30 days, including the time required for assembly and removal of the exhibit. The library reserves the right to postpone, reschedule, or cancel any exhibit for any reason.
- The library may reject a proposed exhibit and is not obligated to accept every exhibit offered. The determination of whether to make a space available for an exhibit shall be made by the Library Director or designated library staff in his or her reasonable discretion, considering the following factors:
- The relationship of the subject matter of the exhibit to a scheduled library program
- The relationship of the subject matter of the exhibit to matters of widespread interest to patrons as a whole of the Otsego District Public Library
- Past exhibits related to the same/similar subject
- Number of requests for exhibits at the time
- Number of prior exhibits by the person/organization
- Preference shall be given to exhibits by resident patrons/organizations
- The library does not endorse and is not liable for the content or viewpoints expressed in any exhibit. Exhibits will meet acceptable community standards. The library does not verify the accuracy of exhibits. All exhibits must meet state and federal laws relating to obscenity and must not be defamatory or constitute an invasion of privacy. The library reserves the right to cancel and remove any exhibit the library determines in its sole judgement does not comport with this policy.
- The library assumes no responsibility for the preservation, protection, or possible loss, damage, or theft of any item displayed or exhibited. All items placed in the library are done so at the exhibitor’s sole risk and are not insured by the library.
- The area for display consists of one locking case with three shelves.
Exhibitors shall fill out and sign the Otsego District Public Library’s Exhibitor Agreement Form