Have a new smartphone or tablet? Great! We’ve got an app that will let you borrow digital ebooks, audiobooks, movies, and shows from your local library–and it’s all free.
Borrow eBooks, audiobooks, and streaming video from your library using OverDrive on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. More than 30,000 libraries worldwide offer titles from OverDrive, so download the app and find your next book today!
- Available 24/7, now the library comes to you.
- No more late fees. Titles are automatically returned.
- Place holds, create wish lists, and return titles easily.
- Sync libraries, bookmarks, and recent positions across mobile devices.
- A valid account with a participating library, school, or other institution is required.
- Each library builds its own collection of titles. Contact them directly to let them know that you’re using OverDrive and to share any suggestions for books you would like to see them carry.
Click HERE to learn more about the Overdrive app and how to get started today.
We are excited to offer in addition to our OverDrive service called Libby, that should make eBook and eAudio use quicker, more enjoyable, and less complicated. Libby has been designed to make first time mobile use of our OverDrive collection simple, with added features over the OverDrive app that would be of benefit to existing customers.
Some of the benefits of using Libby are:
- Simple getting started options and downloads process
- Refined search and browsing options, with new ways to personalise default searches
- You just need to sign in with your library card, and can use multiple library cards at the same time
- A unified book shelf that displays all your titles from multiple cards on the same digital shelf
- Impressive new design and image options
- Download books and audiobooks for offline reading, or stream them to save space.
- If you prefer reading on your Kindle, Libby can send your library books to it.(U.S. libraries only.)
- All your loans and holds are consolidated on a single shelf.
- Keep track of your reading history in the Activity tab.
- Positions, bookmarks, and notes are kept in sync across your devices.
- Sample any book with a tap — nothing to download or delete.
- Try a zoom-able graphic novel, or a picture book with read-along audio.
Libby will not be replacing the OverDrive app at this time but if you are a user of our existing OverDrive app, please feel free to continue using it. Libby does not currently support Recommend to Library or multilingual interfaces, but these features will continue to be accessible through the OverDrive app. Kindle format is not currently supported outside of US libraries.
Click HERE to learn more about the Libby app and how to get started today.