MeL is the Michigan eLibrary, a 24/7 online library for Michigan residents.
Go to mel.org/melcat
Type item title in search box
A list of titles, authors, etc., will appear. If searching by title/author, you may not get a list and will need to select either the title or author’s name.
Scroll up and down to find the exact copy you would like, i.e. regular print, large print, audiobook.
Select: “Get this from MeLCat” to borrow the selected title.
- A pop-up screen appears asking you to select the following:
- library card/account do you want to use – Select Otsego DISTRICT PL (do not select Otsego County Library)
- first and last name
- library card number
If your order was successful, you will receive a confirmation on this screen. The confirmation will specify the library your item is coming from and that your order will be delivered to the Circulation Desk at Otsego District PL. This pop-up can now be closed out.
You may then continue your search for other items from this screen or log out. Please be sure to LOG OUT when you are finished ordering your items!
Check the status of your order(s) with MyMeL
MyMeL allows you to check the status of your requests, cancel requests, and renew MeLCat materials.
- Go to www.otsegolibrary.org or go directly to mel.org/melcat
- Select MeLCat from the library website
- MeLCat home page: Select the MyMeL icon
- Select your home library – Otsego District Public Library
- Type your first and last name and library card number in the spaces provided
- Select: SUBMIT
- You may now view your reserves or items checked out to your library card.
- Select to check the status of your requests, cancel requests, and renew MeLCat materials.
Discover more MeL Databases at mel.org/databases
Click HERE for a printable pdf instruction sheet.