- Library programs and library-related programs have priority in the use of the facility. The library cannot guarantee that an individual or group can reserve or use the program room or any meeting space on a regular, consistent basis.
- Meetings shall be for civic, cultural, recreational or educational purposes.
- An established hourly room rental fee will be charged to for-profit uses and also for social events such as parties, baby showers, and receptions. The current rate is available on the Lura Sanford Room and Tutor Room Application and Rental Agreement. Non-profits may rent the facilities during open hours at no cost but must fill out the room rental agreement.
- The library will not advertise for-profit rentals of the room as library-sponsored programs.
- All groups using the room must be under adequate adult supervision, with an adult in attendance at all times. The supervising adult must accept responsibility for the repair or replacement of damaged facilities or equipment.
- The library shall not be held liable for any injury sustained or damage done related to the use/misuse of equipment and or facilities. The program planner is responsible for making program attendees aware of this policy.
- Meetings that may disturb regular library functions are not permitted.
- The room shall be scheduled for meetings during regular library hours or at the discretion of the library director. The meeting room must be vacated 5 minutes before the library closes. If meetings have prior approval to extend past regular library hours additional charges will apply as per the room rental agreement.
- Reservations may be made by telephone, e-mail, or in person.
- Hours of scheduling shall include the total time involved in the meeting, from the time the organization requires the room, for assembling or other purposes, to the time the room is vacated.
- Renters shall handle room set up of table and chairs.
- Any previously granted permission may be withdrawn at the discretion of the library director.
C. GENERAL REGULATIONS
- No alcoholic beverages or tobacco are permitted in or on library property. The entire library property is a smoke-free environment.
- Food or beverages may be served with the exception of red beverages. The kitchenette and coffee pot may also be used, but coffee supplies must be provided by renting group. The group is responsible for their own supplies i.e. table settings, napkins, etc. Supplies in the cabinets in the kitchenette are property of the library and shall not be used by the renter. The renter shall clean up the premises and remove all trash from the building. Any permits required for preparing or serving food or beverages will be the responsibility of the Renter.
- The facility must be left in the same condition it was prior to the meeting, including returning all tables and chairs to their original locations.
- No animals, with the exception of service animals, are allowed in the building without approval of the Library Director.
- The facility will not be used for a funeral.
- The facility will not be used for gambling.
- Taping, stapling or tacking of materials to the walls is prohibited.
- With the exception of tables and chairs, other supplies in the program room closet are for library use only. AV equipment may be used with permission from the library.
- The registering of participants for a program will be the responsibility of the sponsoring group, not the library.
- All users of the library’s facilities agree to comply with all applicable laws and local ordinances.
- Weapons are not allowed in the library unless carried by a peace officer, or as allowed by state or federal law.
- The booking of a meeting room, or portion thereof, does not entitle the user to sole use of any other rooms in the library.
- The library is not responsible for any articles left on the premises.
- Library staff renting the room must adhere to all meeting room policies and file a Room Rental Agreement.