The Otsego District Public Library provides a program room in order to promote its mission of service to the community. The library board recognizes that the library facility belongs to the community and therefore permits the use of its program room by local individuals, groups and organizations. The policy for the use of the facility is established by the Library Board of Trustees and is subject to change at any time. This policy may be applicable to any meeting space or program space at the Otsego District Library.
1. Library programs and library-related programs have priority in the use of the facility. The library cannot guarantee that an individual or group can reserve or use the program room or anymeeting space on a regular, consistent basis.
2. Meetings shall be for civic, cultural, recreational or educational purposes.
3. An established hourly room rental fee will be charged to for-profit uses and also for social events such as parties, baby showers, and receptions. The current rate is available on the Room Rental Agreement.
4. All groups using the room must be under adequate adult supervision, with an adult in attendance at all times. The supervising adult must accept responsibility for the repair or replacement of damaged facilities or equipment.
5. The library shall not be held liable for any injury sustained or damage done related to the use/misuse of equipment and or facilities. The program planner is responsible for making program attendees aware of this policy.
6. Meetings that may disturb regular library functions are not permitted.
1. The room shall be scheduled for meetings during regular library hours or at the discretion of the library director. The meeting room must be vacated 5 minutes before the library closes. If meetings extend past regular library hours a $25 fee may be assessed, plus a $15 per hour staffing fee.
2. Reservations may be made by telephone, e-mail, or in person.
3. Hours of scheduling shall include the total time involved in the meeting, from the time the organization requires the room, for assembling or other purposes, to the time the room is vacated.
4. Room setup needs shall be stated at the time the reservation is made. Library staff will handle setup and takedown of tables and chairs.
5. Any previously granted permission may be withdrawn at the discretion of the library director.
C. GENERAL REGULATIONS
1. The library is a smoke free environment.
2. Only light refreshments, such as beverages and desserts are permitted in the meeting. The group is responsible for cleanup and bringing their own supplies i.e. table settings, napkins, etc.
3. No alcoholic beverages are permitted in or on library property.
4. The facility must be left in the same condition it was prior to the meeting.
5. Taping, stapling or tacking of materials to the walls is prohibited.
6. The registering of participants for a program will be the responsibility of the sponsoring group, not the library.
7. The library will provide the name and telephone number of the person/organization holding the meeting to persons requesting information on the scheduled meeting.
8. All users of the library's facilities agree to comply with all applicable laws and local ordinances.
9 Weapons are not allowed in the library unless carried by a peace officer, or as allowed by state or federal law.
10. The booking of a meeting room, or portion thereof, does not entitle the user to sole use of any other rooms in the library.