- Materials will be provided which meet the objectives of the library.
- Materials will include books, periodicals, pamphlets, newspapers, films, videos, DVDs, maps, recordings, computer software in various formats and microfilms; all of which will meet high standards of quality in content, expression and format.
- The Library staff will keep themselves informed of other publicly available resources in the area to avoid duplication.
- The library has materials for self-study but will not attempt to furnish materials for formal academic courses of study.
- Books will not be excluded because of race, nationality or the political or religious views of the writer.
- Within the bounds of financial limitations, all points of view concerning the problems and issues of our times, international, national, and local will be provided in the materials selected. No items will be prescribed for or removed from the library shelves because of partisan or doctrinal disapproval. Any complaint or request for removal of any material including that which may be found in an electronic source must be addressed formally by completing a “Request for Reconsideration of Library Material” or “Internet Complaint” form.
- This library shall recognize its responsibility to provide public information and enlightenment and shall leave the censorship of its collection, in any part, to the individual.
- Books offered as gifts will be treated in the same manner as new books in the selection policy.
- Regular weeding (determined by the librarian) will eliminate ephemeral material once the interest has subsided. Outdated, mutilated, or otherwise defaced materials will be automatically weeded periodically.
- Binding policy will be at the discretion of the librarian.
- Books and other materials will be accepted on the condition that the Librarian has the authority to make whatever disposition he/she deems advisable (see policy on library material selection).
- Gifts of money, real property, and/or stock will be accepted if conditions thereto are acceptable to the board.
- The library will not accept for deposit materials which are not outright gifts.